Monday, September 8, 2014

Introduction

Hello everyone!

My name is Claire Fishman, I'm a senior filmmaking major here at Montclair State. I own a Canon T3i and dabble in photography from time to time. I have had practice with manual exposure, but I wouldn't consider myself an expert at all. I have a passion for writing (both screenwriting and prose), film editing, and directing, and I spend most of my free time playing video games.

My top five bands are Forgive Durden, The Dear Hunter, Coheed & Cambria, Fall Out Boy, and Dance Gavin Dance. My all-time favorite movies are Kill Bill, The Social Network, Fight Club, Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, Spirited Away, and Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist. My favorite writers and inspirations are Laurie Halse Anderson, Kevin Brooks, and John Green; Twisted, Lucas, The Fault in our Stars, are among my favorite books. I don't watch a whole lot of TV, but my top shows are Breaking Bad, The Office, Orange is the New Black, Bob's Burgers, and Criminal Minds. I don't have a favorite photographer, but my favorite cinematographer is Jeff Cronenweth (The Social Network, Fight Club, The Girl with the Dragon Tattooo).




Above is a photo I took for the Montclarion during the spring 2014 semester. The article was about New Jersey possibly passing marijuana legalization, so naturally I took it upon myself to stage this photograph for the front cover. Unfortunately, the photo had to be cropped so only the hands with the "weed" was visible (which was oregano, by the way), but the subject's face will always be one of my favorite things about any photo. He had no intention of making that face; it was just a great example of snapping a photo at extremely the right moment.

1 comment:

  1. I don’t my cinematographer as well as I should but I think all three of thise films looked pretty great ad the fake pot picture is pretty funny.

    ReplyDelete